GRANTS PASS Bryon Smith wins PBA Regional Bryon Smith of Roseburg, co-owner of Ten Down Bowling, was victorious in a PBA Northwest Regional at Caveman Bowl on March 24. The 39-year-old, a Sutherlin High School graduate, knocked down 4,727 pins over 22 games and won $2,000. Dean Bollinger of Portland finished second and Kevin Croucher of Grants Pass was third, while Adrian Anderson of Roseburg finished 14th (1,627 pins in eight games). The top 12 advanced to match play. It marked the ninth PBA Regional title for Smith, whose lone championship on the PBA Tour came in 2003 at the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees