OAKLAND Police officer fires at man A Sutherlin police officer who fired his service weapon at an Oakland man during a domestic disturbance Monday night has been placed on administrative leave, according to the Sutherlin Police Department. Sutherlin police were dispatched to 408 N.E. Pine Street at about 7:15 p.m. for a reported fight between an adult man and woman with children present. Police say the man, Marshall Lanier, made statements to them indicating he had a handgun. After refusing commands to show his hands and making “furtive movements” to an area near him, an officer fired his gun at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees