Startup Weekend was a great step up for Barbara Worthington. After two long days of developing business plans, Worthington’s venture, Caregiver Cards, was judged to have the most potential. The Startup Weekend, the first such event in Southern Oregon, was held April 19-21 at the Umpqua Business Center in Roseburg. The event had about 40 participants. Worthington admitted that originally she had no intention of attending the event. But after some encouragement from Trevor Mauch, a Roseburg businessman and entrepreneur, she decided to attend, to listen and to learn. After listening to the introduction and a few pitches from others, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees