The ugly head of intolerance There are many types of intolerance. One has shown its ugly head in Roseburg: vocal intolerance of others enjoying coffee, breakfast and conversation. A group of seniors and I exercise four days a week to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We’re good friends and after our workout, we have coffee and an hour of girl talk at a local hamburger establishment. On several occasions, we’ve been criticized by unfriendly patrons for laughing and talking too loud. Seriously? This past week, a rather rude man sitting with a small group of elderly people had the audacity to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees