A man armed with a machete and alarming people by talking about an upcoming assault he may be involved in was arrested at gunpoint Thursday by Roseburg police. Christopher Lawrence Vermillion, 32, of Roseburg was arrested on suspicion of second-degree disorderly conduct. Witnesses told police Vermillion knocked on the door of an apartment in the 2100 block of Northeast Vine Street shortly after 11 p.m. He was holding a machete and talking about the pending assault, police said. The three occupants of the apartment told police they thought the man was going to assault somebody with the machete. Officers found …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees