Ken Kirby of Kent, England, has restored airplanes for the Royal Air Force Museum, so he could not have been more thrilled to win a free ride Saturday in a restored Boeing mail plane. The plane, which made daily flights over Roseburg in the 1920s, is the oldest Boeing still fit for flight, said pilot Addison Pemberton of Spokane. The aircraft was one of 60 historic planes and 50 classic cars on display at the third annual Wings and Wheels at the Roseburg Regional Airport. Kirby was among many who said they were most excited to see the Boeing 40-C. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees