CANYONVILLE — Law enforcement officers had to deploy spike strips early Saturday morning to end a 20-mile chase on Interstate 5 of a North Carolina man, the Oregon State Police said. A trooper at 5:47 a.m. pulled over Daniel Christopher Richard, 24, of Winston-Salem, who was driving a 2007 Dodge Charger northbound on I-5 near Milepost 78, for a traffic violation, according to the OSP. Shortly after stopping, Richard reportedly continued northbound at speeds of 70 mph, failing to yield to the trooper’s emergency lights and siren. The OSP said a Douglas County Sheriff’s Office deputy and Myrtle Creek police …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees