A 59-year-old transient man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of failing to register as a sex offender, Roseburg police said today. Larry Eugene Sheridan was contacted camping in a vacant lot at 10:40 p.m. in the area of Winchester Avenue and Shambrook Avenue and drinking a 40-ounce beer. Sheridan initially provided a false name to officers, police said. The officer learned that Sheridan is a sex offender and had not registered his address. He was arrested on suspicion of failure to register as a sex offender, providing false information to a police officer and drinking in public. He was taken …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees