RIDDLE — Doubling its win total from the previous season was an accomplishment for the Riddle football team last fall. But many of the good feelings about going from two to four wins were tempered by the fact that a pair of four-point losses kept the Irish out of the postseason. Especially grating to Riddle was that one of the teams it defeated — North Douglas — ended up grabbing the Mountain View Conference’s fourth playoff berth and extending its postseason drought to 17 years. “I thought we should have been that fourth playoff team,” third-year Riddle coach Bion Mills …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees