Guffys enjoy 60th together Linc and Thelma Guffy recently commemorated their 60th anniversary with a cruise through the Panama Canal. Thelma Hamacher was born and raised in Kansas. She trained and earned her certification as a registered nurse in Topeka, then moved west to San Jose, Calif. Church friends arranged a blind date for her with Linc Guffy, a young U.S. Air Force senior airman from Tennessee. The pair were married at the First United Methodist Church in San Jose on Jan. 10, 1953, and moved to Sacramento near the Mather AFB. That was Linc’s last duty station before his …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees