Meet Doug Weist. Doug is a 75-year-old Myrtle Creek resident. He has three grown children and a bunch of grandkids and great-grandkids. While growing up he enjoyed baseball, hunting, water-skiing and generally any sport that let him be outdoors. A former truck driver for Texaco and a former mill worker, Doug also served his country and spent four years in the Navy. He’s now retired. Was there something pivotal that pushed you to take steps to be healthier? Last June I had a heart attack. I’ve been a lifelong smoker. I started smoking when I was 10 or 11. While …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees