An award-winning comic strip in 650 newspapers worldwide and drawn by a cartoonist nominated for his industry’s top award each year from 2009-2011 returns to The News-Review today. “Pearls Before Swine” is the latest comic offered as a replacement for “Cul de Sac,” which was discontinued in September when cartoonist Richard Thompson was forced to retire because of Parkinson’s disease. News-Review readers got a taste of “Pearls Before Swine” during a trial run in 2009. Because it’s been difficult to find a comic satisfying to readers, it seemed time to sample this wildly popular, but off-beat comic strip. Drawn by …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees