Scare tactics are no good What a slick and well-orchestrated act of deception by the Roseburg School Board to scare the families of students who attend four of our elementary schools. What a cunning move to use fear to stir the local populace into voting our less-than-outstanding school system more revenue on the heels of the resounding defeat Umpqua Community College suffered when it sought increased taxation from Douglas County property owners. Initially, only two schools were being considered for closure. They were Green and Rose. Suddenly, out of nowhere, they add two more to the list, two more neighborhoods …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees