MEDFORD — Roseburg got started late, but better late than never. The Indians scored five runs in the top of the fourth inning and continued on to defeat South Medford 9-0 Tuesday in its Southern Oregon Hybrid softball opener. Senior right-hander Makinna Akers pitched a two-hitter, striking out 11 and walking one. The Indians (2-1 overall) finished with 11 hits at the plate, with freshman Baylee Wyscaver going 2-for-3 with a double and four RBIs. Jessa Perkinson went 2-for-2 with two runs and two stolen bases and Jacey Conklin 2-for-4 with two runs. In the fourth, Wyscaver stroked a two-run …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees