Need to count your blessings I read in the paper that the federal government may stop several of its giveaway programs. Before we start whining, a good, close look might be in order. In my experience, nothing ever comes free. The feds love to entangle these programs with multiple rules, regulations, reporting requirements, etc. Now in the news is a proposed new school lunch program demanding only healthy food be served. 1. Who is going to set the rules? 2. How many new helpers must be hired to make the necessary new reports? 3. How many new inspectors must be …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees