Mother-to-be Brittany Bratlie gets down on her living room floor across from husband Kory Bratlie. She places an ultrasound picture of their unborn baby, Waylund, on a baby blue poster board. The Camas Valley couple place words and images around the picture of what they want for themselves and their baby. Kory Bratlie, 26, committed to becoming a stay-at-home dad, places words cut from magazines: “Love yourself and be free.” Brittany Bratlie places the words “let’s play.” A visiting nurse, Jill Gage, asked them to envision the future they want for themselves and their child. It is part of the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees