A go-ahead goal by Thurston early in the second half is what the Roseburg boys lacrosse team needed to get its offense going Friday night. The Indians responded quickly, taking the lead for good in a 10-5 Midwestern League win over the Colts at Finlay Field. “We needed that goal; I think that was a wake-up call for them,” Roseburg coach Dave Heverly said. “It was a good game. They are a good team.” Zach Aalberg and Dominic Bello scored three goals apiece for Roseburg (3-1, 2-0 Midwestern). “Zach (Aalberg) played awesome, and he picked up some really big groundballs …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees