Q: Is there some way I can reduce my chances of getting colorectal cancer through changes in my diet? A: Last month was National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and there seemed to be a lot of information around about symptoms and screening. Diet can play an important role in this disease, so this is a great question. Dietitians typically spend a lot of time talking about gut issues. It’s a really incredible organ and one that will either work for you or against you. I had a professor years ago who lectured that “you are as healthy as your bowel.” …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees