National Drug Take Back Day was April 27, but health officials want Douglas County residents to know they have not missed their chance to turn in unwanted and outdated prescription drugs. Drugs can be disposed of from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday at the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, 1036 S.E. Douglas Ave., Roseburg. Disposal sites are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Myrtle Creek Police Department, 207 Pleasant St. and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Sutherlin Police Department, 126 E. Central Ave. The Reedsport Police Department, 46 N. 4th St., and Winston Police …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees