Roseburg School District Superintendent Larry Parsons is one of three finalists to become interim superintendent for the Central Kitsap School District in Washington. Parsons, who has been superintendent of Roseburg schools since 2008, will be interviewed Tuesday by the Central Kitsap School Board in Silverdale, Wash. Parsons, who has spent much of his career in Washington, declined to comment Friday. School Board Chairman Steve Patterson said in a written statement that board members understand Parsons’ desire to return to Washington. “We support Larry in his endeavors and appreciate all of the hard work he has done for the kids of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees