Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg is one of three hospitals in the state to receive an “A” grade for patient safety from the independent national nonprofit The Leapfrog Group. Leapfrog analyzed safety practices at more than 2,500 hospitals across the country, giving out scores from “A” through “F.” They announced their findings in May. Mercy CEO Kelly Morgan said in a written statement Monday he was pleased the hospital received the top grade. “Everyone at Mercy is deeply committed to providing safe, quality care to those we serve. It’s wonderful that our physician partners and our staffs’ dedication to safety …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees