Running is a great way to burn calories, improve physical endurance and maintain cardiovascular health. Unfortunately, running injuries are quite common, so steps should be taken to reduce your risk for injury. Planning your environment: Try to avoid running during the hottest part of the day. Plan your run in the early morning or in the evening to avoid heat exhaustion. In cool weather, run into the wind at the start and with the wind at the end. This can help avoid chills. Avoid night running; wear reflective material when running at dusk or dawn. Run on a smooth, even …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees