A six-week training program to prevent knee injuries in young female athletes will begin July 8. The training program is provided by a physical therapist from Mercy Institute of Rehabilitation. It is designed for youth ages 13 to 20. Classes will be from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays through Aug. 16 at Fir Grove Park. The cost for the course is $75. Advance registration and testing are required. Registration and information: 541-677-4546. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees