This week marks the halfway point in our training plan. Saturday’s long run is 7 miles. If you’ve never run this far, take care to pace yourself for the distance. Run slow and easy, taking walk breaks if needed. Stay hydrated. If the weather is warm, consider carrying water. The Umpqua River Run Half Marathon is scheduled for Aug. 31, and is presented by the Friends of the Boys & Girls Club of the Umpqua Valley and the city of Roseburg Parks & Recreation. More information about the event, including online registration for the half marathon, 10K, 5K and kids’ …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees