WINSTON — A 31-year-old Winston woman who was submerged in the South Umpqua River for several minutes Wednesday has died at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, a hospital spokesman said. Natasha Brooks was with her three children and a family friend’s child at a swimming hole at Riverbend Park when she went under the surface, Winston police said. Witnesses said she was under the water for five to seven minutes before being brought to the surface by a passer-by. Brooks was taken by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg and transferred to OHSU, where she was admitted …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees