The owner of the Chrome Nightclub, which was destroyed by fire Wednesday, said he got an eerie feeling from seeing the charred heap that was the building he spent $125,000 to remodel. “I can’t even describe how it makes me feel looking at that building,” Ben Bass said today. Bass, who also owns Bass Motors in Roseburg, leased the building and opened Chrome Nightclub last spring. Fire investigators are probing into what caused the early morning blaze. The nightclub at 2455 N.E. Diamond Lake Blvd. remained roped off with red and yellow caution tape today as investigators looked at potential …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees