ROSEBURG Man dies in fall from cliff A 66-year-old man died Saturday afternoon after falling from a cliff on his property at North Bank Road east of town, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Corp. Mark Norris of the sheriff’s office said the man, whose name was not immediately available Saturday night, had walked down an embankment at 12839 North Bank Road to the river below earlier and was returning at about 4:30 p.m. when the accident took place. Norris said the man had ascended “about 90 percent” up the side of the cliff when he lost his balance …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees