These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all the incidents or their final outcomes. POLICE LOG Thursday Douglas County sheriff 6:18 a.m. — A downed tree was blocking both lanes in the 200 block of Bullock Road, Oakland. 11:21 a.m. — Two people in a dirty black car drove up to a mailbox and stole the mail in the 12000 block of Old Highway 99 South, Myrtle Creek. The caller was mailing two checks worth more than $5,000. 1:51 p.m. — A utility trailer was stolen …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees