Up to now, Mitt Romney has been a Rorschach test. Those wanting a more conservative style of government could hope that he would provide some fiscal discipline to Washington, D.C. Others hope that he will provide for a more focused leadership style, hoping for “Bain level” management in the oval office. Some have wondered if he were a secret moderate, anxious to bring divided government together to actually solve our problems, instead of kicking the proverbial can down the road. His videotaped meeting shows the real Mitt Romney, and it isn’t pretty. He is the self-satisfied fortunate son, born with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees