One of the six candidates for Roseburg city manager withdrew his application Monday. John Schneiger, the city manager of New Port Richey, Fla., cited personal reasons for withdrawing, but did not elaborate, Roseburg City Manager Pro Tem Sheila Cox said. The Tampa Bay Times reported Friday that Schneiger has been on medical leave since Sept. 7 from his New Port Richey position. The Times reported Schneiger disagreed with that town’s council over budget issues and that he told Mayor Robert Consalvo he planned to resign. The remaining finalists for Roseburg’s position include two Oregon men: Roseburg School District’s chief operations …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees