GLENDALE — Three positions on the Glendale City Council are being contested in the Nov. 6 election, with challengers accusing incumbents of wasting the city’s money on legal disputes. Position One incumbent Karen Mehl, 60, faces Shannon Merrill, 30. Shirley Miller, 76, is contesting Position Two incumbent Pauline Eells, 76. Position Five incumbent Bill Boal, 64, is facing challenger Kayrene Loggins, 47. The challengers — Merrill, Miller and Loggins — said one reason they decided to run for the City Council was because they are against the city of Glendale’s involvement in lawsuits. One case will be heard in Douglas …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees