GLENDALE — Mayor Fred Jensen faces two challengers in November’s election, and both say they would emphasize making the southern Douglas County town more inviting for youth and families. Jensen, 68, who has served as mayor for the past 2 1/2 years, is running against Annette Merrill, 57, and Lucille Martin, 53. The incumbent mayor said he’s running for re-election because he wants to improve Glendale’s infrastructure, support existing businesses and encourage new ones to locate in the city. Merrill and Martin said they’d also work to strengthen Glendale’s economy. “One of my main concerns is we have very few …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees