Voters in the city of Roseburg have a tough decision to make by Nov. 6. They must choose who will be their mayor for the next two years. Fortunately, whether they select incumbent Larry Rich or challenger Mike Baker, they won’t be disappointed. Both men are good candidates. They each appear truly interested in listening to their constituents and serving their community. Both can point to extensive lists of commissions and boards on which they’ve served. They even agree that the city needs to find a way to be more friendly to businesses that want to open or expand. Baker …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees