Biking is a great way to enjoy Douglas County’s diverse landscape. This list of routes has something for everyone — from casual to avid cyclists. No. 1 John Dellenback Trail around Diamond Lake This 11.6-mile ride is a family-oriented trip worth the drive, especially if you do other activities such as camping and hiking while out that way. Diamond Lake is approximately 80 miles east of Roseburg. The paved loop circling the lake features views of Diamond Lake and the surrounding peaks, including Mount Thielsen and Mount Bailey. No. 2 Farms and vineyards around the Umpqua This 31-mile ride may …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees