Change thinking, change world The quote, “Change your thinking and you change your world,” helps a friend of mine when he catches himself having road rage — that’s when the angry inner child wants his way. He says to himself, “Let the adult take over,” and slowly, he becomes calm. It also works with word rage, when someone is ranting in anger — you say, “Let the adult talk.” I used the “change the world” idea and the last words of The Star Spangled Banner — “home of the brave” —as a way to acknowledge that the Native American was …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees