Douglas County will be the Oregon State Police’s landlord in Roseburg by early 2015, according to a deal between the county and state. The OSP has agreed to move its Roseburg field office to a county-owned building formerly used by the parks department on Old Highway 99 North in Winchester. Following a $1.2 million remodel and expansion, the county will lease the building to OSP. County officials estimate they will recoup the investment in 10 years. “It’s good for the state because we get a good facility and a good landlord,” said OSP Lt. Doug Ladd, commander of the Roseburg …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees