PENDLETON — Another day called for another pair of solid pitching performances from the Roseburg High baseball team. Two Indians delivered. One just had to work a little harder than the other. Brady Haskett took the ball in the opener of the Hermiston/Pendleton Spring Break Tournament, shutting out Milwaukie in a 12-0, five-inning laugher. Cody Watkins did the job in the nightcap, and it was a laborious one: He worked all nine innings of Roseburg’s 2-1 win over West Salem, which he also ended in extras with a walk-off single. The Indians went to 5-1 overall, while Milwaukie dropped to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees