A nationwide database of incidents at hospitals across the country over the past two years includes a report of a nurse at Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg who abused a demented and combative patient in 2011. The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid recently released inspection reports for hospitals in response to requests from the Association of Health Care Journalists, which has compiled them into a searchable database available to the public. The Statesman Journal in Salem reported that since January 2011, inspectors have found at least 82 violations during complaint investigations at Oregon hospitals. The federal agency collects reports …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees