Roseburg tuned up for a key Southern Oregon Hybrid softball doubleheader with defending state champion North Medford with its most productive offensive performance of the season against Sheldon Tuesday at Stewart Park. The Indians finished with season highs in hits and runs, exploding for 10 runs in the bottom of the first inning as it crushed the Irish 15-0 in a nonleague game. Roseburg (12-3 overall) won its seventh straight contest. The Tribe is one game back of the Black Tornado in the SOH race at 6-1, and the two clubs meet Friday in Medford beginning at 2 p.m. North …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees