A Roseburg man accused of trying to murder his father with an ax in January may change his plea to guilty except for insanity, according to his lawyer. Hunter Chambers Goldberg, 24, has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, first-degree assault, second-degree assault and unlawful use of a weapon. He is suspected of attacking his 73-year-old father as the elder man sat in a chair in the living room of their home in the 600 block of Rio Nes Lane east of Roseburg on Jan. 23. Goldberg appeared today in Douglas County Circuit Court, where Judge Ronald Poole urged lawyers …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees