The city of Roseburg is providing this information in an attempt to clarify incomplete and/or inaccurate information regarding a significant infrastructure project in southwest Roseburg. The project is an improvement to Stewart Parkway between Valley View Drive on the north and Harvey Avenue on the south. The project has been referred to as the “S” curve project, not because it straightens out the curves, but because of the location of the project. The primary purpose of the project is to alleviate flooding and enhance traffic safety. The city has been systematically upgrading Stewart Parkway since 1992. As early as 1987, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees