A bicyclist traveling west on Harvard Avenue was struck by a white, 2000 Ford minivan at the Interstate 5 northbound on-ramp at about 1:40 p.m. Thursday. Jefferey Jackson, 45, of Roseburg was taken by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, where he was treated and released, a hospital spokesman said today. The driver of the vehicle, Elva Madera Ramirez, 33, of Winchester was cited for failure to yield to a bicycle in a bike lane and driving without a license, Roseburg police Sgt. Bryan Oelrich said. Jackson’s stepson, Garrett Wedge, 15, of Roseburg said he and his stepfather were …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees