A 34-year-old Roseburg man is suspected of stealing about $1,300 from a woman while a guest in her home, police said. Mickale Spowart was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of first-degree theft and booked into the Douglas County Jail. He was held today in lieu of $50,555 bail. A 33-year-old woman told police she discovered the money missing after Lombardo stayed in her home Tuesday night. Police contacted Spowart and arrested him around 8 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Southeast McClellan Avenue on a warrant charging him with failing to appear in court, police said. Further investigation led police …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees