A state fish biologist and contract pilot injured in a helicopter crash Monday near Days Creek were in serious condition this morning at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, a hospital spokeswoman said today. Holly Huchko, 34, and pilot Fred Wittlake, 55, of Rogue River, were aboard a Bell Jet Ranger that crashed into the South Umpqua River. The third person on board, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife fish biologist Eric Himmelreich, 35, was in good condition this morning at Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, a hospital spokeswoman said. Wittlake was listed in fair condition Tuesday, but …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees