WINSTON — The confusion began with a blurb in The News-Review. In the Police Logs, it was noted Sept. 2 that Orville Ben Jordy, 43, of Winston had been arrested on suspicion of methamphetamine possession. It was Jordy’s first arrest during the three years he has lived in Douglas County, but he left a long trail of drug and alcohol abuse behind in California. He is no stranger to jail. His half-brother followed a different path. He had a scrape with the law when he was 16, but has maintained a clean record during the nearly 40 years he has …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees