Douglas County Treasurer Jim Rudolph won election Tuesday, collecting more than three-quarters of the vote over challenger Rae Copitka. Rudolph, who was appointed to the office in January 2011 following the retirement of former Treasurer Sam Huff, received 25,320 votes (78 percent) to 6,961 for Copitka (21 percent), according to final unofficial results Tuesday from the Douglas County elections office. “To say I’m pleased would be an understatement,” Rudolph said shortly after the first returns were released Tuesday evening. “I knew I had support in the community, so this is gratifying.” Copitka said this morning she thought the race would …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees