Louise Bell saves everything. She’s stashed away love letters, clothing and keepsakes from her late husband Frank Bell’s 10-year career in the Navy, much of it during World War II. Old photographs of Frank Bell as a young man in a sailor uniform and cap perch on the dresser and night stand of her bedroom in Green. One souvenir Louise Bell, 88, held onto was a dog tag inscribed with Frank Bell’s given name, James Francis Bell. It’s attached to a metal band that he wore around his ankle. Frank Bell, who died in 2002 at the age of 82, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees