Veterans from all branches and every generation will be honored Saturday at a wreath laying ceremony at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Roseburg National Cemetery, 1770 W. Harvard Ave. The Southern Oregon chapter of the Patriot Guard Riders motorcycle club will lay garlands as part of the annual Wreaths Across America Day. It will be one of 750 such ceremonies taking place simultaneously across all 50 states and at 24 national cemeteries on foreign soil. The ceremony, which began 20 years ago at Arlington National Cemetery, has been held in Roseburg for seven years. Last year’s event was attended by …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees