Shutterbugs with an appreciation for the beauty of Southern Oregon should keep an eye out for photo opportunities this holiday season. The Bureau of Land Management is accepting entries for its amateur photo contest, and prizes this year include sporting goods, gift certificates and camping passes. The deadline for entries is 4:30 p.m. Feb. 4. Contestants may enter up to two photos for each of the four seasons. Selected entries will be featured in an exhibit at the 17th Annual Sportsmen’s & Outdoor Recreation Show Feb. 15-17 at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. Visitors to the show will vote for the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees