An Oakland woman was among the seven Oregonians who voted for president Monday. True to her pledge, Shirley Cairns cast her electoral vote for President Barack Obama. “It was a real honor to cast a vote for the president of the United States,” Cairns said today. The honor automatically fell to Cairns as the Democratic chairwoman of the 4th Congressional District. She held the same position four years ago and still feels regret that a snowstorm forced her to turn around, costing her a chance to cast a vote for Obama in 2008. “I got as far as Albany, and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees